- Gift Ideas for the Arcade/Pinball Collector ($0-$25)
- Gifts for the Arcade/Pinball Collector ($25-$50)
- Gifts for the Arcade/Pinball Collector ($50 and Higher)
With the giving season coming up, I wanted to post some gift ideas that are 25 dollars or less for the pinball and arcade community. Hopefully this will serve as a useful post to all the people that want to buy you gifts 😃.
This post was last updated on 06/12/2021.
$0-$15 Arcade/Pinball Gift Ideas
- IC Straigtener – I really like this simple tool to help straighten pins or make the correct shape to place in a socket. This works on both .3″ and .6″ width chips. IC Pin Straightener Tool [$7.49]
- Wire and Nylon Brushes – I use these a lot to clean connectors and other rusted parts. Mini Detailing Wire Brush Set [$8.99]
- Chip Lifter – A practical tool that helps remove chips (ICs) from their sockets. It was also mentioned that this a good tool to remove staples on a playfield. Wiha 26810 5.7-Inch Precision Chip Lifter [$9.37]
- Button Wrench – Slim wrench made by a fellow member on KLOV. Compatible with both 1 1/8″ button nuts & 15/16″ palnuts. Great tool to throw in the toolbox. BitWrench: A Simple Arcade Button Wrench [$10.00]
- Precision Tweezers – A good tool to help maneuvering small parts. Kingdun 9pcs Stainless steel Tweezer Set [$11.99]
- Zip Ties – Perfect for bundling up wires and harnesses. Cambridge ZipIts 650 Pcs Assortment [$12.67]
- Damaged Screw Remover – Great tool for anything that has been stripped. Damaged Screw Extractor Kit and Stripped Screw Extractor Set [$12.95]
- GB Wire strippers – This is an automatic wire stripper, and I use this tool daily. No guessing size or gauge of wire. Just simply put the wire into the teeth and close the handle. Gardner Bender GS-394 Automatic Electrical Stripper & Crimper Tool [$13.52]
- Monitor Adjusting Tools – Always nice to have the right tool for the right job. Philmore Alignment Trimmer Tool Set Kit Combo Pack For Electronics, TV, CB, PC, Ham Radio [$13.95]
- PinGulp Beverage Caddy Premium – I used to laugh at these until I realized how just handy they are to have. PinGulp Beverage Caddy Premium [$14.95]
$15-$20 Arcade/Pinball Gift Ideas
- NVRAM – Help save your machines from battery corrosion. Will most likely require soldering and desoldering. NVRAM Adapter [$18.00 shipped]
- T-Molding Router Bit – Here is a tool that many people don’t seem to have. The 1/16th slot cutter, seems to be one that works on most arcade cabinets. This is #301 on the following page. Make sure to include 1/4″ or 1/2″ arbor and bearing. Cutter with Complete Assembly with Arbor and Bearing [$18.95]
- Polishing Kit – Get those playfields looking great with a polishing kit that fits on a drill. This kit comes in 38 pieces. Benavvy 38pcs Polishing Pad Kit [$18.99]
- Glass – For those people with declining eyesight or anyone working with small parts. A definite must! Jewelers Magnifying Glass Bundle [$19.66]
- Getting Started in Electronics – This was on of the very first books I bought when I started in the hobby. Getting Started in Electronics Paperback [$19.95]
- Beginner’s Lock Picking Set – I started picking locks a few years ago and couldn’t believe I didn’t try earlier. Most of the time this is quite a bit easier than drilling out a lock. Sparrows Kick Start lock pick set [$19.95]
- Logic Probe with Audio – This is an inexpensive tool that really helps troubleshooting circuits. It’s a very simple tool to use, and the audible is a must for troubleshooting. Elenco Electronics LP-560 Logic Probe [$19.99]
- Siegecraft Electronics – I have purchased a few items from Siegecraft Electronics and have found them very helpful diagnostic tools. Hans is active on both KLOV and Pinside. Go ahead and take a look at his products. [Prices vary]
- Coin-Up-1UP! – Another product from a fellow KLOV member. The CoinUp 1UP device provides virtual freeplay support for almost ANY arcade game! NO CUTTING of the wire harness. Coin-Up-1UP! [$20.00]
$20-$25 Arcade/Pinball Gift Ideas
- Ratcheting Wrench (9/16″ and 5/8″) – Great for removing pinball leg and head bolts. Easy tool to throw in the toolbox. TEKTON WRN76007 Flex-Head Ratcheting Wrench, 9/16-Inch x 5/8-Inch [$21.34]
- Ratchet Crimping Tool – Makes crimping connectors very easy. One squeeze of the handle will crimp both tabs to the insulator and conductor simultaneously. The tool will also hold the pin for you as you crimp. HT-225D Full Cycle Ratchet Crimping Tool [$21.95]
- CRAFTSMAN 6-Pack Mini Plier Set – These are a nice set of cutters and pliers to help with electronics. The cutters work well when cutting leads off components or snipping wire. CRAFTSMAN 6-Pack Mini Plier Set [$21.98]
- Step bit – Good tool that can be used to create holes in wood, metal, and plexiglass. I also hear they are useful for breaking in ball-bearings. Tacklife PDH06A Classic Titanium Step Drill Bit Set [$23.97]
- 1/4″ and 5/16″ Magnetic Nut Drivers – These nut drivers are great to have in the shop. I seem to always be reaching for these and the magnetic tip is what makes them so helpful. Both have hallow shafts, which is another added bonus. Klein Tools Magnetic Nut Drivers [$24.99]
- Mini Circuit Breakers – Great investment! The cost of a box of fuses is about the same price you can get one of these. These are great for troubleshooting shorts! I sell sets for $24.99 or $34.99, which includes shipping. One set of 3A, 5A, 7A, 10A, 15A, 20A Mini Circuit Breakers [$24.99 or $34.99]
- Hex, Allen, and Star Keys – Another tool that is useful to have in the shop. Dicfeos Hex Key Allen Wrench Set [$24.99]
- Pinball-Mods.com – A fellow Pinside member (Zitt) has made some cool mods such as clear drop targets and pop bumper caps. Another site to go check out. [Prices vary]
- Color Vector Monitor Upgrade – Fellow KLOV member (Charles Kline) has put together a DIY kit for a Low Voltage Section replacement for Wells Gardner 6100 Color Vector Monitors using beefy thru-hole components. You can email him for more information: 6100LVkit@gmail.com [$25]
Anti-fatigue mat, alligator clips, magnetic parts tray, head lamp, shop towels, cleaning supplies, NOVUS (1, 2, and 3), wax, forceps, solder fume extractor, de-soldering braid, Soldapult, helping hand, and Kynar wire.
Do you agree with the list? What do you think should be included on the list? Feel free to comment below.
Troxel repair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
2 thoughts on “Gift Ideas for the Arcade/Pinball Collector ($0-$25)”
When Dr. Chris Ross and his wife, Jean Ross, tried to come with a Christmas gift idea in 2018 that the entire family would enjoy, the settled on a pinball machine.
Can’t think of a better gift than that!