A problem that I
saw heard when working on the El Dorado pinball was none of the chimes were working. I manually scored 10, 100, and 1000 points and nothing happened.
Troubleshooting steps that I took:
- I took a quick glance at the schematics and noticed there is one switch in the 10s score reel to make the chimes work. I checked this switch and it was closing and contacts looked good when 10 points were scored.
- Check for continuity at the coil to the switch, and it was fine.
- Measured the ohms at the coil and got 12.2 ohms.
- Moved the plunger in the coil to see if it was moving freely, and this is when I noticed the problem. The plunger was “glued” to the foam tape. I took the unit apart, polished the plungers, and added new foam tape.
- Chimes are now working on 10, 100, and 1000 points!