What I thought would be a 5-minute job took more than 30 minutes to do. I was going to simply add 2 fuses two the bridge rectifiers in Black Knight and found the spade connectors were soldered on the BRs. I undid the two BR and remove the large cap and took to my bench. I fought with the two connectors for about 15 minutes. I finally got them undone, and will finish up tomorrow.
When I was waiting for my iron to heat up, I did replace the two pins on 3P2 connector. For some reason, the two pins were really corroded.
Came back to this project today and finished it up. I cleaned the large cap along with part of the back box. It looks much better now. Here are the steps for adding the fuses:
- Remove one of the blue and orange wire from each BR. These are the “AC” on the bridge rectifier and not the “+” or “-“. It doesn’t matter which one you take.
- Take the wire that was just removed and connect it to one side of the fuse block. Run a a new piece of wire from the other side of the fuse to the BR (were the wire was removed from in step 1).
- Add 2 8A slow blow fuses, and label so the next owner knows what size fuse should go there.